Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day +8

I'm going to keep today's post short. This morning around 7am I was blessed with yet another bloody nose. This time though it lasted for FIVE hours!! They had to pack my nose twice, and I went through yet another box of Kleenex...

This part is gross so if you have a week stomach I suggest that you skip this paragraph. When they packed my nose the first time it was bleeding so bad huge blood clots were coming out of my nose, and a couple of times I spit up blood clots. So anyways when they packed my nose the blood had nowhere to go but down the back of my throat (GROSS!!) I told the nurse that all of that blood was making me sick to my stomach, so she went to get me something for nausea I got sick and threw up half a bucket of blood. Now another nurse had come in with Esta (my nurse) took one look at what was coming up, I thought she was going to get sick.

I haven't been able to keep ANYTHING down, but I was so hungry that I ordered Breakfast, and Lunch only to have them revisit me 1/2 hour later. They gave me a bag of platelets, and two bags of blood today. When my doctor came in this afternoon she alluded to the fact that I would not be getting any better for a few more weeks. Let me tell you I'm looking forward to the day I can post that I had a really good day, with no complaints to blog about.

To answer Christina's inquiry, the picture on my blog was taken a couple of weeks before I was admitted to the hospital (my six year old son took that picture of me), and three months after my last chemo. I do not look like that right now believe me!!

Rick and the kids are coming up to see me tomorrow afternoon, I can't wait I haven't seen them since last Sunday and I really miss them. I'll post more tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear about these times. i pray your days get better

donna said...

Sweet dreams....hope you can get some rest and a break from everything breaking down. I sure would look forward to the kids...this too shall pass...this too shall pass.

Susan C said...

Just curious about how low your platelets get before the transfusion. Do you follow Ronni (runnerwrites.blogspot.com).

She just had a stem cell transplant (her third) and they're finding that only certain people's platelets cause her counts to go up. Lucky for her, her sister is one of those people and she lives nearby. I'd never heard of such a thing, and I'm wondering if the same thing is happening to you.

I wish that it was just a few more hours and not a few more weeks before you started feeling like yourself again.

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...

Hi friend, peace...
Your blog very interesting. If you willing visit or follow my blog please, "Sosiologi Dakwah" at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com