Friday, March 27, 2009

Day +7

Yesterday morning I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I knew the nurse was supposed to come in and draw labs at 3:30. Right before she came into my room my nose started to bleed. I ended up having a 3 1/2 hour nose bleed, using a whole box of Kleenex, and having to get both sides of my nose packed with gauze. They didn't even wait until my blood work came back they just gave me platelets. When the cleaning lady came in to clean my room, she went and found my nurse to make sure that they were aware that I had a whole trash can full of bloody tissue.

Last night I ended up sleeping pretty well, but when I woke up this morning I had the worse headache ever. Rick came up for a visit this morning so he was here when my two morning nurses were taking my vitals, getting approval for more pain meds, and giving me my morning meds through my I.V. When I told them that I needed something for nausea, so Beth went to get something for me, when I grabbed my pan and started throwing up all over the place. Poor Tasha, she couldn't go anywhere because the meds that she was putting into my I.V. had to be administered over three minutes. Afterwards Rick said, "Does it always come on so quick?" Of course sometimes it does.

Next the doctor comes in to check out the stomach pain, and to say Good-bye. She is going to another hospital. So right before she leaves she says, "By the way, just so you don't hear this on your way home in a few weeks, we're pretty sure that you're diabetic. When you were admitted into the hospital your sugar was 213, and you've been off of steroids for over a week and are still requiring insulin." (Gee doc THANKS) Of course Rick was still here so he heard it for himself.

I'll be glad when my counts finally start coming back up, I'm so tired of being sick. I've got another week or two for that to happen. I'm already ready to go home.

3 comments:

Susan C said...

You poor thing! This sounds like NO fun at all. I keep waiting for the pain to pass.

Christina said...

Man, this sounds awful!

To look at your picture, and to read your emails, feels like a contradiction. You look so good, yet this whole thing sounds terrible. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I keep praying for you and for your family. The uncertantity of it all, must be hard to bear.

Duane said...

Thinking of you.