Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day +4

Last night was another rough one, with still the same old things going on. They gave me anti-nausea medicine, not two minutes later I was getting sick all over the place.

The check my blood counts everyday so that they can adjust my meds as needed. The doctor came in this morning and said that I was a couple of percentage points away from being fed through my I.V. I kind of knew that one was coming I'm still not really able to eat, and I'm starting to get blisters in my mouth and throat, and now today I've got a nice rash started on the top of my hands (GVHD?)

I finally fell asleep this morning around 6am but at 7:15 Rick came in for a visit. But I was able to get some rest after he left. This afternoon I am feeling a little bit better, they wouldn't let me go out for a walk around the unit today because my counts are still too low.

Breanna loves to read and is on the A B Honor roll at school. She started reading Harry Potter this weekend and is already on chapter 5 all by herself, she's only in the third grade!! Rick said that he went upstairs to tuck Ricky and Breanna in last night, their bedroom light was on and they were both lying down reading a book. I'm glad they both have an interest in reading at such a young age.

Well I think I'm going to make another attempt at a nap. Thanks for checking in.

4 comments:

donna said...

Just a little "hang in there" coming your way! :-)

Irish Eyes said...

I am sending a second hang in there.. praying for you!

Ronni Gordon said...

I had mouth sores and no appetite and ended up being fed through the tube. In a way it's not so bad because then you don't have to worry about eating. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Stay strong, be positive, and think ahead to the better times that await you. I pray for your health.