Monday, March 23, 2009

Day +3


Today was more of the same, although I think they have finally worked out all of the kinks as far as my pain meds, and nausea meds are concerned. I didn't have any visitors today, but I did get a few phone calls. Everyone that I talk to on the phone always asks me if I was sleeping, Rick said that I just sound really week.

Tomorrow I think that I'm going to attempt to walk around the unit at least once, to try to build my strength up. I've literally been in bed for the past three days. When I get up to go to the restroom my legs shake like a feeble old lady.

The doctor's said that everything is looking good so far. I'm posting a picture of the day they did my Bone Marrow Transplant. My friend Shirley had come up from work to sit with me while I had the procedure done.

They had to give me a bag of platelets today, I'll probably need blood tomorrow. After the platelets my headache finally lifted a little bit. I still don't have an appetite, I probably didn't even consume 500 calories today, but my weight is still staying the same.

Khrystyne and Courtney are helping out around the house. Trying to keep the biggest load off of Rick. I'm really proud of them, they are taking good care of Ricky & Breanna.

4 comments:

Susan C said...

I'm proud of your daughters too. It's nice not to have extra teenager-related stress!

Carolyn said...

I'm following your blog. Blessings.
Carolyn0107 from the Surviving Cancer Team.

Beverly said...

It's amazing that you take the time to post when you're not feeling well. I really appreciate it! I think of you every day! Keep Strong! Each day you are closer to day 100. God Bless you and your family!
Beverly

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You are so darn courageous. Keep on truckin'

Love-n-peace,
Laura