Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day +1

Wow... That is all that I can say about last night... I felt well all afternoon, hardly a glitch, then all off the sudden everything hit all at once. Pain, vomiting, diarrhea, it wouldn't stop all night long. The nurse was constantly coming in and out of my room with one medication or another. But nothing helped. Then finally this morning around 7am things started to settle down just in time for a new nurse and my husband to come in. Esta my morning nurse is the bomb she finally got me settled in and Rick had no idea what to think. I looked like shit, I could barely move. I could tell that he was a little scared, just by the look on his face.

Esta got me settled in and gave me a whole barrage of drugs, so that I could get comfortable. Then Rick and I fell asleep. I finally woke him up so that he could go home to the kids. But I'm glad no one else came up to see me today, it was not a pretty sight. When Rick left I started to run a fever, so they had to do more blood cultures and start me on two different kinds of antibiotics.

So basically today has been a bust, and from the sounds of it there are going to be a few more days just like this. I told Rick today that if this transplant does not work, I won't be doing another one, it's just too much.

Please keep our family in your prayers.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I know you don't know me, but I have been following your blog for quite some time, now. Your updates are one of my favorites; I think and pray for you often. I just want to say THANK YOU for keeping us in the loop... even feeling so terribly. YOu have no idea how thankful we are.
Fondly,
Jackie
jacbartak@sbcglobal.net

The Mama Monkey said...

Prayers for your comfort and the blood cultures to come back negative.

Susan C said...

I remember thinking exactly the same thing. I thought to myself, "Too bad if I relapse because I'm not going through this again." But once you're feeling well again, the memory plays tricks. Now I think, "Well, that really wasn't so bad."

Hope the sickness is a faint memory soon.

BaldyLocks said...

Your new photo is beautiful! I know things are rough now but just keep the end goal in sight. You'll be home again with your family and all of this will be a distant memory.

Sending my love via internet and two thumbs up for good measure.

Duane said...

Hang in there.

When you're well and cancer free again, you'll be joking about these moments.

Receiving lots of visitors can be exhausting, so take it easy. Do what feels right.

You're amazing and an inspiration to us all.

Love to you and your family. :)

P.S. If you need meds, don't be shy about asking for them. As the nurses have probably told you already, that's what they're there for.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me either and I've followed you for a while. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad - I hope you feel better soon. You and your family are in my prayers - it's rough for all of you right now. One day at a time...

Hugs,
Laura