Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finally some dates to post...

Well I’m just going to give a quick update today. I guess the ball has finally started to roll… I finally got my appointment times set up to make sure that I’m ready for this transplant. I go into the hospital tomorrow morning for a whole battery of tests; Pulmonary Function Test, Chest X-Ray, EKG, Cat Scan, and Lab work, also I have to meet with the BMT Nurse Coordinator. Then on the 23rd I meet with the Dr. Sricastava (do not ask me how to pronounce) she is the doctor that will be heading up my transplant, and I will have yet another Bone Marrow Biopsy that day. Then on the 24th I’m scheduled for a BMT Education Class.

Jay the Nurse Coordinator stated that as of right now they have me scheduled to be admitted into the hospital on March 9th, for 10 days of chemo and radiation. Then on March 19th is my scheduled day for the transplant. All of that depends on the outcome of my tests, and the status of my lung condition, but as of now that’s the plan. He also stated that the clinical trial is not a go just yet, because the donor is not interested in doing it, but they are still trying to talk the person into doing it. I told Rick when I signed the paperwork for the clinical trial if it’s meant to be it will all work out in the end, if not then I’ll take the regular transplant. So I’m not really stressing out about that one.

I spoke with Ange (my best friend who lives in FL) she wanted to come and spend some time with me before my transplant, but my husband told me that if I wanted to go to Florida to visit her that he would pay for my ticket. So we worked it out to where she and I are going to go half and half (since she was planning a trip out here) and I would just visit her. So she has already booked my flight, and I think we are going down to the Keys for a few days as well. I’m leaving on the 28th and will be back March 4th. Then five days later I’ll be checking into I.U. Medical Center. I kind of feel guilty about leaving Rick and the kids for five days especially since I could be in the hospital anywhere from 35 days to three months, but in the same sense I could really use some down time. Just time to relax, get a little sun, and have some fun. Because God knows I won’t be able to go ANYWHERE for a year. I won’t even be able to go grocery shopping (not that I’ll miss that too much)… So that’s it in a nutshell, I’ll update again when I get some test results in.

5 comments:

Susan Carrier & said...

This is great news - both about your scheduled R&R in Florida and your schedule at the hospital.

All in a day said...

Good Luck! I'm sending good thoughts your way. :-)
Thanks for the update!

Duane said...

I'm happy to see that a date is set and that things are moving forward. I'm sure you've been eager to get this done, so that you can reclaim your life.

Sorry for not checking in more often, but your comment on my blog was a reminder and I promise to check in as you move forward.

If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Wishing you and your wonderful family success and happiness.

Duane said...

Stay strong.

Hoping your appointments yesterday and today go well.

Love to you and your family.

Aunt Jackie said...

Hi April, just wanted to say you, Rick and Kids are always in my thougts. I'm soo happy to hear that you're still in remission and the transplant is a go. Hope you have a very speedy recovery. We are all looking so forward to seeing you July.

My love and prays are with you all.

Aunt Jackie