Friday, January 09, 2009

Things are going well

I meant to update earlier this week, but I have been sick for the past 3-4 days. After dinner every night Rick makes me take a pain pill and it knocks me out until it’s time for him to leave for work.

One night Ricky and I went upstairs to wake Rick up, and all of the sudden I got really hot and had to make a bee line to the bathroom. When I got back I laid down next to Rick and Ricky came up next to the side of the bed and laid his head down on my shoulders and started rubbing my stomach. He’s such a sensitive boy, just like his daddy. He constantly stops what he is doing and comes over to give me a hug and a kiss.

Ricky and Breanna were talking about the sports that they wanted to play this spring, and trips that they were looking forward to taking. I had to sit them down and explain to them that because of what I’m getting ready to go through they won’t get to do any of those things this year. They were disappointed, but understood. I feel so bad to take that away from them.

I go to see Dr. Cripe on Monday the 12th for a follow up bone marrow biopsy, to make sure that I am still in remission, and from there I just found out that I will go to see the Bone Marrow Transplant team at the main hospital (for my interview) they will go over what to expect and see if I am truly interested in going ahead with it.

I spoke with Jay (the nurse from the BMT team) last week, and he said that they had not yet found a 10/10 match, but they had found three 9/10 matches, and they were already doing further tests to see who would be the best match for me. So it looks like everything is just about ready, while I don’t want to wait forever to get on with this, I hope that it doesn’t take off so fast that I don’t have time to get things together.

Other than that everything is fine, the kids are all doing well, Breanna made the honor roll again (she’s so smart). I get to see Courtney’s report card tonight. Khrystyne is going to be my caregiver when I get out of the hospital… We’ll see how that goes (she literally had to wash the same dish three times to get it clean this week!!) She is a good kid, but my mom will probably have to help out.

Ange my best friend who lives in FL told me that she is flying out when they do my transplant, that she wants to be here with me through that. Who has this kind of friend? After I hung up it made me cry, but I really do have great friends and family, and of course I have the Lord so how can I go wrong?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad things that have to be gone through are much easier with a loving group of family.. your boy is a love,and sending healinf vibes your way--hugs from another mom out there!

Ronni Gordon said...

Glad things are going well!

Irish Eyes said...

God bless you and heal you. You have a wonderful friend! Not many people can say they have a friend that would fly out and be like Ange is to you. :)
Wishing you well..

All in a day said...

Thanks for the update! You are lucky to have such a good friend. Hang in there! :-)

Anonymous said...

It's Monday the 12th, I know you had a very hard to do again day. Can't wait to her the results and what the BMT talked with you about. Love ya, Ange

Dave Kaat said...

God can carry you through - after our son (Jaymun) had an AML relapse and the chemo failed, the docs said he would die within weeks (this July) and today (six months later) his AML is in remission with only God and herbal remedies to thank.

We've been through this BMT experience, and I will pray for you. If you need extra support or have any questions - see our son's website www.jaymun.com for the story - it might encourage you.

Anonymous said...

Hey there sis, I just got off the phone with you...you made me cry! and reaing these didnt help matters! You are sooooo STRONG! I really dont know how you do it? I think about about you all the time and I wish it wasnt so hard for us to tell each other we love eachother! But I just wanted to tell you know! I'm PROUD I can call you my SISTER!!
Love you,Holly

online propecia said...

Propecia prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body.