Saturday, December 06, 2008

Quick update...


I’m still doing well; I’m currently a little swollen from all of the I.V. fluids, but I just spoke with my doctor and they are getting ready to cut the fluids way down.

My sister Rachel came down yesterday and had her blood drawn to see if she will be a possible match for my bone marrow transplant. I still have to contact my insurance company on Monday morning (Rick finally found the paperwork showing that we have been covered) so hopefully that will all work out.

I spoke with someone from my benefits department at work yesterday, and they have approved my leave for eight weeks, anything after that they will need updated medical records. It’s a good thing that I have nothing better to do than to remember when my benefits will expire, and to keep them updated!!!

I’ve had just a few visitors so far, but hopefully I’ll have a few extras on the weekend. It gets really boring up here. I’ve been here since Monday night, and I really don’t leave my room too often. So you kind of go stir crazy.

I’ll be honest I’m having a hard time dealing with this reoccurrence. I’m encouraged so far because treatment is going well with very little side effects. But on the other hand I’ve looked up Bone Marrow Transplants and I know the risks, I’ve not shared them with my family, but it’s really scary. I know that I’m still young and relatively healthy, but anything could happen. I guess until that time comes I really shouldn’t worry about it, but that is easier said than done.

Rick brought the kids up the night before last, it was really good to be able too see them and give them kisses. I really miss them a lot.

5 comments:

Rooster said...

I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts & prayers. I to am going through AML treatment & have children at home. It is very tough at times but try to stay postive for your sanity & your family, you have so much to live for.

Sandi

Duane said...

Thinking about you. If you'd like to talk about the SCT process, just email me.

Sending love your way.

Duane said...

Lovely family portrait btw. :)

Laura said...

Hi;

I found your blog somehow through ToddlerPlanet, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - and little Marco too.

I am also a leukemia survivor, but I have CML.

I am glad that the chemo is going better than you expected, and I hope that it continues going well.

I will keep checking back to see how you are doing.

Many hugs,
Laura

Imstell said...

One Mommy - I just want you to know that you are on our prayer list. Have confidence in the marrow transplant. I know two little boys that had it @ 3 years old. Today they are both 8 and healthy as horses (even if one of them does show as a girl in his bloodwork. Silly bone marrow!).