Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm home...

Well after going back and forth with the home health care and my doctors, (the home health care guy said that they could not get me set up with home health care on Christmas day, maybe not even Christmas weekend) and then my doctor came in Christmas morning and said that I did not have to have I.V. antibiotics that he would just prescribe oral antibiotics. So all of Christmas Eve I was so depressed. I just really wanted to go home. But in the end it all worked out. Rick took the kids to my mothers house, and snuck out to come pick me up. When we got to my mothers house Ricky seen me first and he said, "MOMMY, MOMMY'S here, hey guys mommy's here!" I just wanted to cry…

Being home is great, sometimes I've overdone it a little bit, but Rick is all over that constantly telling me to sit down and rest. He's been really great to me.

I received a packet in the mail from the Bone Marrow Transplant, what to expect etc… I have to say I'm really scared. There are so many risks, and such a huge cost it is so overwhelming, and so many terrible things could happen. I guess that I'm just worried. I'm sure that's normal.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hoping that your worries are eased by the New Year bringing new hope.

All in a day said...

So happy that you are home with your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay Strong! :-)

Ronni Gordon said...

Glad you got home. They have to tell you all of those scary things, but few of them ever happen.ym

BaldyLocks said...

Being worried is normal. Learn what the doctors tell you and refill that space in your mind with thoughts of your family. That's what truly matters.

Writing in a journal can help keep you focused and on track, it also helps you know what progress you're making. Often it feels like you're going nowhere with all this treatment, but when it's written you can see it.

Best wishes for the new year.

Duane said...

Worrying about the transplant is quite normal. It's a big leap. I myself was very concerned about transplantation. But try to do those things that you enjoy and take you away from thinking about all the worst case scenarios. Treat yourself if you can.

Here's to renewed health and promising opportunities in '09!