Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hospital day 24

Guess what I’ll be getting for Christmas??? A ticket home… my counts finally shot up, and the doctor’s just came in and told me and Rick that I’ll get to come home tomorrow. I can honestly say it is so about time.

In general I try to be a pleasant person, but here lately I’ve just been plain old grouchy… I page the nurses station for my meds and no one ever comes to my room. Actually on my way back to my room, I’m going to ask in person and let them know that I can wait!! Like this morning I paged them to let my nurse know that my food was there and I needed my sugar taken, I waited 15 minutes she never came so I just went ahead and ate. (She has still yet to take my sugar.)

I’ll have to go to the bone marrow clinic on Saturday to have my blood counts checked to see if I need a transfusion, and then Monday’s and Thursday’s will be my normal days to come up for transfusions. But I’ll take it.

I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed!!! My back hurts so bad. I don’t know what I’m going to do when I have to spend two months in here????

7 comments:

All in a day said...

YAY!! I'm so happy for you and your family! There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed. Enjoy Christmas! Prayers to you and your family.

:-)

Susan C said...

Hurrah! This is such wonderful, unexpected news.

How is that obstruction? How is your appetite?

I am really ticked off at your nursing staff. Their behavior on many occasions has been unacceptable. Will you be on a different ward for your transplant? At City of Hope they put they allo sct patients on a separate floor. I hope that's the case with you and that the separate floor has a higher level of care.

Enjoy your family, food and sleeping in your own bed.

hockeychic said...

I'm so glad you get to go home. It will be so healing for you, I hope.

Best wishes for a joyous holiday at home.

I can not believe the nursing staff and how callous they are, just terrible.

Wishing you peace.

Irish Eyes said...

What wonderful news! Thank God you get to be home for Christmas! And sleep in your own bed! What a wonderful day it will be for you. Take it easy..
Those nurses are something else. I am so sorry you had endure that.

Love and Peace,
sharon

Imstell said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift! Make the most of it!

Merry Christmas!
imstell

Kristy's Daughter said...

I am so happy for you! What good news! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. You will be in my thoughts!
Merry Christmas! --Julie (Milton and Kristy Dykes's daughter)

BaldyLocks said...

I'm so glad you got to go home!