Friday, December 19, 2008

Hospital day 19...

I’ve had a rough couple of days… On Tuesday afternoon my stomach started to hurt (really bad) so they sent me down for some x-rays, and ran some blood cultures, they thought it may have been my pancreas but those results came back ok. After Breakfast on Wednesday morning I was in excruciating pain, I couldn’t lie down, I couldn’t sit up, they were still running some test but everything was coming back negative. By Wednesday night they came in to give me two units of morphine, and some oxycodone. Then 20 minutes later they gave me 2 more units of morphine. It would cover the pain for about two hours and they were giving me more morphine and oxycodone. It got to the point where they were monitoring me, because they were afraid that I would stop breathing.

Finally they put me on something stronger than morphine, (I can barely pronounce it little lone spell it.) But it finally got the pain down far enough to where I could sleep for a couple of hours. The doctor’s came in to see me yesterday morning, and decided that they were going to send me down for a cat scan. (I ate nothing yesterday, it was just too painful) The results from the CAT scan showed an obstruction in my small intestine. But of course it had just started to show the obstruction and that was where the CAT scan cut off at?? So I had to drink that nasty stuff again, and have another CAT scan. As of yet the results had not come back in yet. They told me if I do have an obstruction that I will not be allowed to eat or drink anything until they get it fixed… I made it 17 days without any real problems; I guess it was time to throw something exciting in the mix. I woke up this morning and my stomach was so swelled that I looked six months pregnant.

Rick and the kids were supposed to come up for a visit last night, but I told him to wait until tonight because 1. I just wasn’t up to it. And 2. I didn’t want the kids to see me in that shape.

A lady from the American Cancer Society came by yesterday and reshaved my head, I was shedding all over the place; she also gave me a wig and styled it for me. I’m not too sure about the wig. But I have it in case I want to use it.

Well I’m going to close up for now; I’m really tired it took everything that I had to walk down here in the first place.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this after Tuesday's great news. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers often. Hope today brings you better news.

Laura - from PA

Amy@UWM said...

Oh, god. I always hated drinking that CT stuff. YUCK! So sorry to hear you had to do it twice. Hope they figure out how to get you better soon!

Ronni Gordon said...

Geez. As my sister said to me, "Never a dull moment." I hope they fix your stomach problem soon.

hockeychic said...

I am sorry to hear that you have been in so much pain. I hope they can find what is causing it and get it out so that you are more comfortable. Sending you healing thoughts.

Susan C said...

Sure don't blame you for not wanting visitors now. What a horrible experience. I hope they can easily fix that "obstruction" and you're back to feeling good again soon.

Beverly said...

I hope the obstruction clears on its own. You don't need anything else added to your load. Hang in there! I'm praying for you!
God Bless!
Beverly (via Derek Dull Blog)

Ann said...

I'm so sorry you're having to endure this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping that obstruction clears up quickly so you can get some relief.

Irish Eyes said...

I hate to hear you are having such pain. My heart goes out to you. We are praying for you.