Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hospital Day 16 (Good News)

Good News; yesterday I finally got another bone marrow biopsy (although they couldn’t get any bone chipped off and they had to do it FIVE times) to get it done, NO LIE… One of the doctor’s came in about midnight to let me know that as of right now I am Leukemia free in my marrow. Which means I will not have to take a second round of Chemo before leaving the hospital; once all of my blood counts are back up, and the fever stays away I should be allowed to go home for a few weeks. To top that off, I in no way feel as sick as I did when I had cancer and treatment before.

I just wanted to say to everyone who reads, and comments to my blog… I really really appreciate each and everyone of you. Just a few comments sometimes, even from perfect strangers it just gives you that little push that you are so desperately looking for. So I sincerely wanted to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.

My mother and step-father are still helping out with the kids while Rick works, so that has been a huge help. People from work have sent some nice cards up, even co-workers that I only speak to on the phone from Memphis has sent the most heart felt cards. When you are in the hospital for over two weeks every little bit helps.

My cousin brought me some yarn up and I finished a baby blanket in two days… Need I say more?? Actually I’ve started a second one as well. I’ve read six books, and I’m currently reading the New Testament. So I’m trying to keep myself busy while I’m up here.

I have a touch of insomnia currently, hence the post at 2:30 am. But all in all I’m just really looking forward to going back home to be with my family. I have my Social Security interview at 9am this morning, so please keep us in your prayers for that. I’ll be off of work for over a year for this treatment, and I only have short term disability.

9 comments:

Obsessedwithlife said...

Congrats on the good news!!

Rooster said...

Good luck with your interview & I am sorry for your bone marrow mishap. I think it is awesome you are leukemia free & you are tolerating the treatment better than usual. There are so many people pulling for you, hang in there.

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Ape: It's been so long that I have looked at this blog. It took me back to the first round. I did not even know you were still doing this. What a looooser fried I am. We will get get to spend some time together real soon, hospital or not. Your the best! Your strengh in all you are faced with is so amazing to me. Thanks to the Lord.
I Love You! Angela

hockeychic said...

This is great news! YAHOO! Good luck with the Social Security interview.

Ann said...

Great, great, great news! I've been there with the bone chip and I'm really sorry you had to go through it. Good luck with the interview and hopefully they'll let you out of the hospital soon.

throwslikeagirl74 said...

Hooray for the good news :) As for the insomnia, I wonder when that goes away. We should have a midnight knitting party. :)

Ronni Gordon said...

Congratulations on the great news! As for the social security interview, I've found those to be mostly a formality. They already have the detail. Sorry about the insomnia. Have you asked for something to help you sleep? My favorite is Ativan,

Donna Marie Miller said...

Hi April,

This is your cousin Khrystal's Mom, Donna Marie.
I have been praying for you and Marco. I am so glad that we can now read your blog. It makes everything that you are going through real to me.
May I please have your mailing address? You can email me at: lazykat40@aol.com. In the subject line, please write "April". Do you have a myspace page? If so, you can look at my page for up to date photos of Khrystal and her family.

"May God Be With you at this time and Always, and with your Husband and Children too!"

Love,
Donna Marie

BaldyLocks said...

Congratulations on the great news!