Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hospital Day 14

I’m just going to post a quick update. Not a whole lot has been going on here… Rick was able to spend the night with me last night, but I felt so poorly that I was out by 9:30pm. Although we were both able to get up around 5am, and spend a few hours together.

Reminder to self: Do not ever eat breakfast during a shift change… it takes two hours to get your insulin injection… which leads to a major headache!!

The doctors are going to try to start taking me off of the steroids, so I can in turn be taken off of the insulin. We will see, but I don’t think that I’m having issues with nausea right now. But again we will see.

I’m due for my Bone Marrow Biopsy tomorrow morning, and I still have to get all of my medical records together so that my mother can drop everything off at the Social Security office by tomorrow afternoon. So I still have a lot of things to get together for my interview on Tuesday morning. I should only have to be on Social Security for 1-2 years hopefully if all goes well.

The doctors think that I may be able to be home in time for Christmas, but there is still no word on if a Bone Marrow Donor has yet to be found for me. S-T-R-E-S-S-F-U-L!!

Well my sister Holly is due to visit today, as well as my cousin Jennifer, and my husband and kids. My mother is due to be up here tomorrow. So I’ve got a full docket for a change…

Please continue to keep us in your prayers… We really need them.

4 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

I totally know what you mean about being stressed while waiting for a donor. I was the same way and I think most everyone is. Just remember that there are a huge number of people on the registry. Also if they don't find a donor they can do a double chord blood transplant, which works as well. Hang in there and try to focus on something else!

All in a day said...

Hi! We have never met but I found your blog awhile back. I've especially been following you in the past week or two. I want you to know that I'm praying for you and your family. Hang in there. As difficult as it seems, remember that God never gives us more than we can handle. Stay strong! I'll be back to check on you.
:-)

Kristy's Daughter said...

Hi. It's Julie, Kristy and Milton's daughter. You have been in my prayers. I'm saying a prayer for you now and will again tomorrow morning. I sure appreciated you- your comments were comforting (on my mother's blog.) You are special. I'll keep checking in on you. God bless you.

Irish Eyes said...

Know we are praying for you.. I will be checking on you again!