Friday, December 12, 2008

Bone Marrow Biopsy Day!!


Its six o’clock in the morning, I’m down at the family center I thought that I got up here early enough to hit the washer/dryer first but someone beat me down here. (I’ve been here since 5:30, and I hate to move other people’s laundry but their load is finished washing!!) Oh well I guess I can wait until later. Rick and the kids came up for a visit last night it was short but sweet. The kids spent the night at my mom’s house for a change. Grandpa wanted to spend the night in his own bed for a change.

We finally got in touch with some of Rick’s friends that have been stationed in Germany for several years, now they just live a few states over so hopefully after my treatment we will be up for a quick visit. Rick was really excited to hear from them.

I am set for a bone marrow biopsy this morning, so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. For one it hurts like mad, and two, it will determine if the chemo has put me into remission, or if I’m up for another round of chemo prior to the bone marrow transplant. I still haven’t heard from the bone marrow transplant team to see if they have worked out my insurance issues as of yet, it is so stressful waiting and worrying about this. But I know everything will work out. I’m currently getting everything together for my Social Security interview, it’s hard to get all of the paperwork that I need from home by trying to direct Rick as to where everything is at.

Well I guess that’s it for now, I’ll update later this afternoon after the results are in.

By the way thank you all for your wonderful support.

6 comments:

Rooster said...

Ask for some Adavan or something to dull the pain a little prior to the Biopsy. It still hurts but not as severe. You are in my thougts & prayers todays, Good luck.

Sandi

hockeychic said...

Hoping for good results and that you are in remission. Glad the visit with your family was sweet. Keep that sweetness in mind as you go through the rotten procedure today.

Beverly said...

Hi April:

I found your blog through Derrick's Dull blog. I'm Mindy's Aunt. I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you. I've been reading your blog for quite awhile You are remarkable woman! I'll be thinking of you and family! God Bless You! Beverly

Irish Eyes said...

Praying for you during this prodedure and for good results. God bless you.

Irish Eyes said...

On Mother.. read this post from another blog, I thought of you.

http://loopdeloops.blogspot.com/2008/12/beautiful-feet.html

BaldyLocks said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the biopsy is clear.