Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another update

The swelling finally went away, but now the treatment is finally catching up to me. Loss of appetite, and not being able to keep down what I do eat. I guess after 7 days of chemo 24 hours a day, it’s bound to knock anyone off their feet. The doctors are currently working on getting the nausea under control.

I’ve had a few more visitors the past few days, so that’s been nice (although last night it took me a good half hour to wake up when my cousin and her husband came up to visit). The kids are handling things really well; Rick is going to bring them up to see me Thursday night.

My blood counts are falling nicely; I’m probably looking at a Platelet transfusion tomorrow and a blood transfusion by Friday. It makes me so tired, and my head hurts a lot. They give me oxycodone for my headaches, I’d much rather take Tylenol than a narcotic. But what can you say??

Sorry I don’t have more to talk about, but it’s pretty boring here. So there is not much to report.

4 comments:

Susan C said...

Boring is a good thing when it comes to hospital stays.

The only thing that would work for my nausea was Atavan or Benadryl - both of which sent me into slumber land for at least two hours. I hesitated to ask for it because of that, but finally went with it.

Enjoy your visit with the family on Thursday.

Rooster said...

They had me all messed up with
nausea as well & we have found at least in my case that Zofran & Dexamethazone 30 minutes prior to the Chemo = No nausea.

I know what you mean about the headaches, they gave me oxy's as well. I still don't uinderstand it. Enjoy your visit & try to rest (I know that is just words rest in a hospital yeah right!)

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Hi, you don't know me but I read your comment on Derrick Dull's website. He was a family member that I didn't get to know too well (due to distance), but I will always remember him as a smiling, fun loving boy. I just wanted to say thank you for your kind thoughts and words. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Lauren Rogers

Ronni Gordon said...

Thanks for the update. I think I also remember Zofran as being good for the nausea. Ativan was good too. Hang in there! Every day of treatment brings you closer to the end of it.