Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dentist (UGGH)

Not a whole lot has been going on with me lately, just dealing with the stupid dentist/oral surgeon!! My jaw feels like it has a constant cramp in it, and my teeth are so hot/cold sensitive I can barely stand it. That has been my fear about going to see the dentist since my cancer treatment stopped, so much so that this has been the first time I have even seen a dentist in over two years. So now if anything is cold or hot I can barely eat or drink it, my bite feels off to the point if I eat something more solid than pudding I can hardly bite down (without tremendous pain), I had a wisdom tooth pulled last week and I keep pulling the stitches, I wake up every morning between 2-4 am in so much pain that I have to get up and take pain meds just to be able to go back to sleep. I think the dentist will be off of my list for a couple of years… Sorry about the rant but it has really taken over everything in my life recently, when I get home I’m ready to lay down, because I’m not getting any rest at night, and my stupid head hurts EVERY SINGLE NIGHT because of my STUPID TEETH!!! The dentist painted a solution on my teeth last night to “close the porous parts of my teeth” so they won’t be so hot/cold sensitive. Did it work?? Not even!!

We are going to see Rick’s family in Michigan over the 4th of July, just for a couple of days, but the time off is much needed. His sister is going with us this year, for the first time in eight years!! I’m sure a good time will be had by all, especially by all of those who drink (which I do not)!! So I get to watch them all make fools of themselves.

Khrystyne started a job this week; she is enjoying a little more independence. She’s right at that age where any minute she’ll be ready to go out on her own. I guess I’m a little excited and maybe a little scared for her as well. I guess everyone gets to that stage in their life at some point or another.

My sisters son made a comment about drugs in front of her, so she dragged his butt downtown and had him tested for drugs. Of course it came back positive, so starting Monday he will start an outpatient drug treatment program. He is 14 years old!!

2 comments:

caramia62 said...

Is this the same sister who made the offhanded comments to your daughter?

One Mother with Cancer said...

yes she is...