Friday, April 25, 2008

Kids....


My goal this year was to blog at least 1-2 times per week. I think that has kind of gone out the window at this point. Although I can at least catch you up.
I took Khrystyne to see Dr. Goulet last Wednesday, and he had her pathology report back and the tumor was benign. A huge burden was lifted at that point. She doesn’t have to go back, so that was great news.

The puppy is almost completely housebroken. Thank God!! I can’t stand house training a dog. But she is really intelligent, and she is a good dog.

Courtney has once again turned into the problem child. She has been suspended from school, suspended off the bus, put in ISS (in school suspension), and now she gets to serve Friday school next week (in which I get the very distinct pleasure of picking her up from school at 6pm). All of this since school started in August. She is a freshman and all of the police officers, vice principles, Principle, and admin staff know her by name. There is something very wrong with this picture. Infractions range from fighting girls, fighting a boy, being disrespectful, cussing, throwing a chair, and wearing pajama’s to school (a dress code violation). I honestly have just about lost all patients with her. Some days she is good as gold and I really mean that, but some days you have to fight the urge to put her through the wall.

This week her and some friends decided that they were going to wear pajama’s to school, so that they could all service ISS together, and not go to class. The Freshman Dean called and left a voice mail explaining the situation, I cannot tell you how pissed I was. She had just served ISS last week for throwing a chair. So I called Rick to let him know what had happened, and he is currently putting together a list of chores for this weekend (she’ll be begging to go to school Monday), then I called work to let them know that I was going to be late. And I took myself straight up to her school. I brought her a change of clothes and explained that I did not want her in ISS today, because that is what she wanted that she could serve it Thursday or Friday (or both as far as I was concerned). I wanted her to go to class. So they paged ISS and had Courtney sent to the office. Her eyes were as big as saucers when she saw me sitting there. There were two boys waiting to be seen, and they both knew who Courtney was, but one of them yelled out YOU AGAIN!! WHAT DID YOU DO NOW?? (They did not know that I was her mother) until she walked up to me, I told her to see the secretary, who then handed her a bag of clothes and told her to go to the nurse’s office to change. The secretary noticed that I was busting at the seams to say something to her, and she offered up an empty conference room if I thought that I might need it… Of course I told her, “I’m defiantly going to need it.” When Courtney came back I lead her to the conference room and let her have it… Tears were streaming down her face when we walked out of the room, and I’m sure EVERYONE in that office heard every word that I said, because I was not quiet about it. I left and she went back to class. So now she is grounded and hating life. I took her phone to work with me and left it in my desk until school is out, and she is grounded to the house sentenced to hard labor for the next two weeks, AND I am going to volunteer her for community service through her school to make up for being such a pain in the ASS!!!!

Please let me tell you life has not been pleasant the past few days, her anger management courses are not paying off…

I am getting ready to go to Camp Bluebird tonight; it is a retreat for cancer survivors. After each one I go to I always say I’m not going back, yet six months later I feel it’s the place to be. I still have a hard time opening up to people about my cancer experience, I don’t know if it will ever get any easier, it still feels raw even two years later.

I have to go home for part of the afternoon tomorrow to help Khrystyne get ready for the prom. She is going stag this year, but she really just goes to hang out with her friends anyway.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I can empathize with the teen problems and the associated stress. While I was going through chemo, we weren't sure if our one and only was going to graduate or not.

My motto is "cancer is easy, parenting is hard."