Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Kid's can be so cute...


I came home from work last week and went upstairs to change out of my work clothes, and noticed my bed had already been made (Rick is the last one up and usually I have to make it when I get home) Ricky had followed me into the room and beamed up at me, “Mommy, I made your bed all by myself!” I said WOW you did a really good job; you didn’t have to do that. To which he replied, “I knew you and daddy would be really tired when you got home from work, so I wanted to help you.” Isn’t he so sweet? He will make a good husband someday.

Last night I went home early (we had training at work) and my back was killing me, so I greeted the kids and told them that I was going to lay down for a couple of hours and went upstairs. The two younger kids followed me up, and when I got to my bedroom

Ricky says, “(Yawn) I’m really tired to, can I lay down with you?”

Me: Sure, but you’ll have to lay on daddy’s side mommy’s back really hurts.

Ricky: Okay

Breanna: I didn’t have rest period at school today can I lay down with you too?

Me: Yeah, I guess.

Breanna: (Under her breath) I don’t really have rest period anymore.

So I put a movie in for them and I slept for about 1 ½ hours. My kids are so silly, but I love when they are little like that and want to be around you all of the time.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

adorable! Isn't that great? I could be having the worst day, and when I go to my nannying job, all the crap of the day just falls away.....

Susan Carrier said...

It's nice that the kids "let" you rest when you're feeling tired. They truly are adorable.