Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Weekend madness

I finally conceded and joined Weight Watchers this past Saturday, after my treatment for cancer I was put on a steroid treatment plan and gained an enormous amount of weight (over 60 pounds) and of course I have not lost but 6-10 lbs on my own. So I finally admitted that I needed some help on this one. I’ll be 36 years old in April and I’m tired of being fat. Hopefully I will learn some things find some encouragement and get on with the business of living.

My mother called me Sunday night and asked if the kids could spend the night (due to the fact they were out of school on Monday). As is just so happens the older two girls already had plans and mom & dad got to spend one glorious night alone… It was nice, and QUIET. I told Rick what are we going to do one day when we are empty nesters it’s going to be too quiet… He said oh we’ll figure something out, by then you should be a grandma and we can borrow the grandkids anytime that you get lonely.

Khrystyne is finally getting back on track with her studies, (she was throwing around the old I’m almost 18, I’m going to move out and drop out of school line.) I finally talked her into at least getting her GED, and she was going for that but we kept working on her here and there until finally she realized that I would really benefit her to stay in school. Especially since she has a 3 centimeter tumor in her breast, if she is not a full time student when she turns 18 she will automatically be dropped from her dad’s insurance. Kids what the hell do they know?? (Which reminds me she is the exact age that I was when I got pregnant with her, What the Hell was I Thinking??)

Courtney has gotten herself back on track with her studies as well. She want’s to go to IUPUI and get a nursing degree from Purdue. She was goofing off too much the first semester this year, but has decided that she really wants this and she has been working really hard to get it. I’m proud of her. At 14 years old I didn’t have a clue what I wanted to do when I grew up.

When Christmas break was almost over Ricky tried and tried to talk me into letting him stay at home for school… I said. “What do you mean, do you want to be home schooled?” he said, “Yep, that’s it, I want to be home schooled.” I told him that was just too bad that daddy and I both worked and that he had to go to school, he then proceeded to pout around for several days. When the time came he went back to school, and that first night I asked him, “Did you have fun today? Did you get to play with all of your friends?” he excitedly told me all about his day. At which time I said, “See you really do like going to school.” He just gave me a very disgusted look, because he knew that I had beaten him at his own game!! HE IS IN KINDERGARTEN!!! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO??

Breanna keeps on puttin’ along; she draws pictures on everything, and has gone through several reams of computer paper. Her new favorite past time is agitating her brother and sisters. She is actually getting pretty good at it. Last night she made all three of them yell at her and tattle at the same time. That takes a lot of talent.

Please go check out Why Mommy (she is the first one under my Cancer Blogs) and leave her some supporting comments, she is having a double mastectomy today, and has two young children.

1 comment:

BaldyLocks said...

Your kids are so sweet. My son has tried to pull the home school thing many times to no avail.

Trying to keep kids on track is a full time job in itself. It sounds like you are doing a great job at it. My oldest will be graduating this year himself. It's such a relief to get them to that point.

I'm going to go over to Why Mommy and leave a comment. Have a great day!