Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Things that I am thankful for:


I am thankful for the life that God has allowed me to live. I know sometimes things get hard, people get sick, and sometimes die. But all in all I’ve lead a good life. Loved a good man, and was blessed with four wonderful children.

I am thankful for the cancer that has touched my life, I know that’s a little weird to say, but I have met many wonderful people through my experience. I was shown a strength that I never knew that I possessed. I have learned to not take today for granted, every morning that I wake up I know today is a good day, because I could have lost my battle with cancer and I would not have had two more years with my family. I have learned not to take what a doctor tells you as the final word, because God my have something else in mind for you. It’s up to you to figure out what that is, but at least you’re given the chance to discover what that purpose is.

I am thankful for many wonderful friends, that I can call in a moments notice and they will all be there for me no matter what. All of the wonderful memories that we have shared. *The time that we drank 3 bottles of liquor and laughed so hard, for so long that we couldn’t take in a deep breath for a week because it would hurt so bad.* Who knew the diaphragm was a muscle??

I am thankful that I found blogging. I know that too is a little weird, but I’ve met many wonderful people, and found many encouraging words here. Plus I’ve been given the chance to write again. I wish that I could make more time to log on.

All in all I am very thankful for my life, and the wonderful people in it.

Have a great Thanksgiving…

1 comment:

Doug said...

There really is so much to be thankful for. Cancer is such a horrible thing but those of us who can accept it, integrate into our lives, and still experience the joy of life are truly blessed

Thank you for writing your blog and I wish you continued happiness and all the strength you need. You truly have much to be thankful for.

Doug
(see my blog at https://talkingaboutcancer.com)