Friday, November 02, 2007

Halloween 2007



The kids had a great time on Halloween; they met up with Breanna’s best friend Ashrey and walked around the WHOLE neighborhood. But again they had fun… Ricky and Breanna insisted on dressing alike this year so I DID NOT pick out their outfits, they had it down to matching Doctors, Clowns, or Superman & Super Girl and you can see which costume won out.

I called and made Khrystyne’s doctors appointment; they couldn’t get her in until next Wednesday, even at that I had hell to pay to get her that appointment. I called Dr. Goulet’s office and tried to set up the appointment, she asked how old Khrys was and when I told her that she was 17 her reply was, “Oh, I don’t think he sees them that young, you may have to take her to Riley’s Children Hospital.” She said that she would check with his nurse when she got in and would let me know.

When she finally called back she said that the nurse stated to wait one month’s cycle, and if we still noticed the lump to give them a call. So I had to explain that I had already taken her to have an ultra sound and that it was not a cyst, but in fact a tumor, and then I threw in my Oncologists’ name. So she checked with the nurse and they went ahead and scheduled the appointment.

Khrys has been so stressed out this whole week. Her hair is starting to fall out, and she has been getting sick. I don’t know if that is because she is ill or just plain stressed out. Right now I’m leaning towards stressed.

I am trying not to think about it, but it’s really hard not to. Everyone that I have talked to seems to think that it will be benign. But the look on that Doctor’s and radiologist’s face really leaves room for doubt. The tumor itself measures 2.8 x 1.3 x 1.5 cm. It looks huge on the film. I'll keep you all posted as I find out more...

1 comment:

chichimama said...

Glad they had fun, and still thinking of you and your family. Hope all goes well on Wednesday...