Saturday, October 20, 2007

Self Brest Exam's (Important at any age!)

Khrystyne at Prom this year


This has been a very interesting week. My 17 year old daughter and I watched Crazy Sexy Cancer last weekend. There was a segment with a woman who had breast cancer. It must have made Khrystyne think about what I had been preaching for several years, because the next day she preformed her first SBE and she actually found a lump!! It's 1 1/2 centimeters. I took her to the doctor's on Thursday and he is sending her for a Mammogram and an ultra-sound next Thursday... Can you believe that?

So keep my daughter in your prayers, our family has been touched by cancer far too many times in the past two years. Hopefully it will turn out to just be a cyst.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am thinking about your daughter and hoping that this turns out to be nothing. As a current breast cancer patient with a 16 year old daughter, I understand all too well how scary this must be for both of you.