Thursday, September 13, 2007

Say What???

Ok, today is going to be a gripe fest… I was on my way to work yesterday and heard this big commotion about a website where some people were trying to marry off their daughter. Being my Naive self I assumed it was a couple in their 50’s trying to marry off their 30 something daughter, ha, ha really funny. So I really didn’t understand what the commotion was about… Until… I arrived at work and hit the internet and found this. This is the most disgusting thing that I think that I have ever seen!!! Is this even legal? These parents are selling their children to the highest bidder, some of them as young as 13 years old. Talk about a pedophiles dream.

Here is my favorite quote: Marissa likes to put on airs and thinks she’s better than all of us here and who knows maybe she’s right. She’s looking for a smart, sophisticated man who knows “art” and “culture” and “style” and who can understand her better than we can. This just sounds like parents wanting to get out of their duty to raise their child. What is wrong with these people???

I really want to know is this legal? I thought selling people was out of the question in this day and time…

3 comments:

chichimama said...

I hadn't heard of this! How awful! No wonder I try to avoid the news at all costs...

Becky..Absent Minded Housewife said...

It's a hoax site. It's gotten everyone riled lately.

Angela said...

Thank goodness it seems to be a hoax site. How freaky it would be if real! Yuck!

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/marryourdaughter.asp