Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The week in review...

Well I have the whole afternoon to myself, the CSR had to go register her daughter for school, and all of the managers have decided to call it a day and go home. So it’s just me at work.

The kid’s text book rental went up again this year for a grand total of $622.08, for four children. Whew… if they don’t stop that I’m going to move back to Oklahoma where they don’t charge text book rental. Because once you lump that total up on top of clothes, shoes, hair cuts, and school supplies for four kids you are talking a major hunk of change.

My mother and step-father are already starting to mourn over the fact that they are not going to have the kids anymore. You can see it in their eyes that they are already counting down the days (and not in a good way). They have had my kids at their house every work day for the past seven years. But yeah for me in a way, because now I won’t have to pay for babysitting any longer.

My best friend is toying with the idea of moving to Florida this year; her husband has three interviews at hospitals there this week. I hope everything works out for her, I know that she has wanted to move there practically her whole life. And let’s be honest the weather here in Indiana sucks!! I always tell the kids, if you don’t like the weather wait five minutes it’ll change. The weathermen up here defiantly have to play the guessing game, and none of the local channels ever get the weather right, it just changes too often.

We went to Rick’s grandmothers’ house for her birthday on Saturday, she turned 91. We were all a little nervous about Barb showing up, but in the end she never even came. (Thank God) Rick got to hang out with his cousins, and the kids all played together, Shannon (Rick’s sister) even showed up.

We ran into Shannon at the store the next day, she was just hanging out. Apparently she got into it again with her ex-husbands new wife, she told them that she was coming to pick up her kids and by the time she got there Jeff had took off with the kids (again) and the new wife (Christy) told Shannon that she had better get a good attorney because they were going to take her kids away. Shannon said that she has let comments like this go in the past, but that she wasn’t putting up with it anymore and so she followed Christy into the house (Christy was on her way in to call the police), Shannon said she beat her ass all the way to the phone. So she was hanging out at the local Wal-Mart, because she was afraid to go home in case the police were at her house. Rick said, now do you see why I don’t hang out with my sister? Drama 24/7…

No comments: