Monday, December 18, 2006

Weekend update.


This weekend was pretty full. We took the younger two children downtown to see the circle of lights. We saw this wonderful Santa on a motorcycle. (How fun!) We took them to Circle Center Mall and had dinner, but before we could do anything else Khrys called from work they were sending her home early because they weren’t busy so we had to cut our time short. Oh well we can always go back.

I cooked all day long yesterday. Rick knew that I was going to be making candy and cookies all day but yet he still requested breakfast, and of course I couldn’t be something simple. They wanted biscuits and sausage gravy, bacon, eggs, and potatoes. After that I got started on my holiday baking. I made fudge, a double batch of peanut butter fudge, divinity, buckeyes, Mexican wedding cakes, chocolate covered pretzels, and a triple batch of snicker doodles. (Do you know how much sugar all of this stuff calls for????) Any ways I still have some dough left to make snicker doodles but other than that I got everything finished yesterday. I was ready to sack out after all of that, but then Survivor came on, I was rooting for Ozzy, but Yul ended up winning it. (Like a lawyer needs to win money???)

My best friend just called me; her daughter is in some really hot water. I won’t go into all of the specifics but let me give you a bit of advice. If your child has a My Space page make sure you let them know that they are NEVER to give out their passwords to their friends (or supposed friends) because you never know what they may go in there and post on your page. Plus if they change the password, and claim that they can’t remember what it is you have to go through a long process to get that stuff offline!!! Just a little warning, but trust me it is a good piece of advice.

I never did make it up to the hospital to see my cousins new baby; they let her go home in less than 24 hours!! My mother sent me a picture but it didn’t turn out very well so I’ll have to get a better one.

I’m getting ready to go to the doctors for my bi monthly check up for my Leukemia. Wish me luck!!

No comments: