Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ready or Not!!!

I have four children so it should come as no surprise when I say that my house is rarely quiet… EVER!! Last night we sent Breanna to bed, Courtney was in her room, and Khrystyne was hanging out with us in the living room. Little Ricky was running all over the house, upstairs, downstairs it didn’t matter he was just trying to keep himself occupied. Then the house fell silent… I sat there and listened for a few minutes, and decided to go check it out for myself. I’ve learned that if your kids get quiet you’d better go investigate, or you might be cleaning permanent marker off of your T.V., a whole roll of toilet paper out of your commode, or trying to eject a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from your VCR (and yes that really did happen to us). I went to his bedroom he wasn’t there; checked in my bedroom, Courtney’s room, both bathrooms I started to get frantic calling out his name, NOTHING! I yelled downstairs to Rick and the girls to help me find him, and I went back into his room to look in his closet. Courtney calls out, "I found him." I went to Khrystyne’s room and this is what we saw:

I woke him up this morning to ask him why he decided to fall asleep under Khrystyne's bed he said, “I closed my eyes for a second.” I said, “Well why were you under her bed in the first place?” He goes, “I was waiting for her to come up here.” He was going to grab her leg from underneath her bed, to try to scare her. Does that sound like a little brother to you or what?

2 comments:

Blogarita said...

Once in a while, quiet is nothing but good. :)

A-J Wright said...

Wonderful story. Great Blog.