Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year

Ricky & Breanna
Breanna Rick & Ricky


Well today is my last day at work until January 2nd ; so there probably will not be any new updates until the first of the year (unless my computer comes in before then) so I wanted to make sure that I wished all of you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

This year for me personally has been an odd year. Some highs and a lot of lows, but yet I still find myself thankful for everything and everyone that I have in my life. I find myself optimistic and looking forward to some changes personally and professionally. I have discovered over the years that the one thing that makes you grow as a person is change, and I welcome that. I pray that I stay in remission for this next year, and that my family and yours make it safely through this coming year.

I thank God for my family and friends that have stood by me and encouraged me (and worried about me). I truly know how very lucky I am for that. I pray that I learn new lessons this coming year to make myself a better wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, and just all around a better person.

I look forward to slowing down this next year, and taking better care of my family, and myself so that we can have many more years together, and that we can truly take the time to appreciate all that God has so freely given to us.

I pray that my husband finds it in his heart to forgive his grandmother, and move past the horrible things that happened between them when his mother died. I hope that they are able to find peace with it.

I hope that I am able to be a better friend, sister, daughter, wife, and mother; and truly listen when people find the need to confide in me, and that I am granted the wisdom to help them when they need me.

My goal for this next year is to get out from in front of that stupid T.V. and actually live my life. That my family and I do what is necessary to get healthy, and active. That I lead as an example to my children as I start to volunteer (either for the Leukemia Society, American Cancer Society, or the Little Red Door) I’m not sure which one yet. I pray that my children learn the importance of taking care of other people, and not just thinking about themselves all of the time; because we would not have made it through this last year without the help of others. I want to make sure that they know the importance of paying it forward.

I pray this next year that I become a better Christian, and get my family & myself to church more often. That I find myself more receptive to God’s word, and not take it as a personal attack on the way that I live my life. (Like I said earlier, I need to grow more as a person; and as a Christian)

All in all I look forward to growth as a person, and a Christian. I look forward to making memories with my family. Loving and being loved. I'm looking forward to a wonderful year.

Merry Christmas…

1 comment:

Blogarita said...

Merry Christmas to you!

(great pics, too)