Friday, December 15, 2006

Babies, Babies, Babies...

Shelby


Well my mother just called me and my cousin just had (yet another) baby. So that will officially bring our total to 24 for Christmas Eve. She had another little girl, so two girls and one boy. This will be her last child though; she is in her early twenties with three children her first one being born when she was just 15 years old. She is still with the same guy that she was with when she was 14 years old; it works for them I guess. My 13 year old goes through boyfriends so fast I can’t even keep up. One day it’s this guy, next week it’s that guy. Which is just fine with me; it just means that they don’t have time to get serious.

Ange had just called me (right before my mother did) and her husband’s oldest son and his girlfriend had another baby last week; a little boy named Nathaniel. I told Ange I really like that name, they could call him Nate. She said yeah that’s what I said. But the girlfriend replied I don’t want him called that! She is such a snoot. Oh well Nate it is…

I went out to try to do some more shopping today at lunch, and to be honest I’m just not in the mood. This month started out very well, but the closer Christmas comes the more that I find myself dreading it. Hopefully next year will be better. (I’m not so sure though) I think that we will make it a point to decorate Judy’s grave on Christmas as a family… My husband is Polish and one of their traditions is to set a place at the table for the person who has just departed, I think that we are definitely going to do that. It already fells like something is missing anyways. It’s going to be a tough one. She was only 52 years old. To me that just don’t seem very old; she definitely wasn’t ready to call it quits she fought to the very end, but cancer is such a Beast. It just doesn’t seem fair. Sometimes I wonder if my cancer will come back again and again like hers did. It’s a scary thought. So I try not to dwell on it, (but it’s hard not to)… Not only all of that but she also died on my best friends birthday, so that’s kind of tough as well.

I’ll try to make it up to the hospital this weekend and get some pictures of my cousins baby (she does have cute babies) and get them posted next week. I also get the privilege of watching baby Shelby tonight!!! Yea! I can’t wait (although she is like her mother, and she knows what she wants even if you don’t!) So that makes for a sometimes fussy baby. But who cares, I can get my baby fix in and then I can send her home with her parents. (Which is even better than having them yourself)

Have a great weekend.

No comments: