Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Plans for the holiday season

Breanna with her baby
Courtney & Rick
Ricky learning how to drive

Not a whole lot has been going on lately, just getting ready for Thanksgiving next week. After everything that had happened with Rick’s family we were sure that we would not be going to his families house for Thanksgiving, so I made plans to go to my family’s for Thanksgiving, now we have two places lined up for next Thursday. At least we won’t have time to get bored, we’ll go to his grandmothers at 1pm, and we’ll be at my mothers’ family by 3pm, and then hopefully we can be home by 5pm.

For Christmas this year we are just going to keep it simple. Mothers on Christmas Eve (as usual) and we are just staying home on Christmas day. Rick’s sister and family will probably come over. We used to have quite a few of Rick’s family members over for Christmas, but not this year. It’s going to be rough on Rick and Shannon being the first Christmas since their mother has passed. So like I said, we are just going to keep it simple.

My friend is having a Mary Kay party tomorrow night, so I’ll get a partial night off from Rick and the kids. Every once in a while it’s good to take a minute or two for yourself.

They are going to start cracking down on sick days at work, so I guess unless I’m half dead I’ll need to make sure my butt is here. They’ve been pretty understanding about my cancer and the pain that came from chemo, but one person had to go and ruin it for everyone else. Ah well it was good while it lasted.

No comments: