Monday, November 06, 2006

Lazy Saturday


Courtney and Ricky (How cute)


This past weekend was pretty non-eventful. I spent the whole day Saturday in bed, the older two girls kept an eye on the younger two until their dad came home, I was with them off and on for most of the morning, but as soon as he came home it was right back to bed. Where I was followed by Rick, Courtney, Khrystyne, Breanna, and Ricky, so we decided to put in a movie; Rick and the younger two were asleep before 8pm. (I was still wiped out from last Saturday, so I took the day off) I even ordered pizza for dinner, and I don’t feel guilty about it one bit.

By Sunday morning though my body hurt from being so lazy, so I got up at 6am did the grocery shopping, came home started putting the groceries away when I was informed by one of my daughters that we were out of trash bags, and my 4 year old son just knew that I was going to bring him something home from the store, and was looking in every bag that I brought in finally asked me with sad puppy dog eyes, “Mommy, What did you get me?” I answered, “Bananas” and the pout was on. He said, “I thought you were going to get me carrots and the bean.” (That is how he pronounces Pirates of the Caribbean.) So while they finished putting away the groceries I ran down to CVS to get some trash bags and found a Pirates of the Caribbean play set, and a little white kitten with big eyes for Breanna, the older two are too old for toys so I just got them some gum. Oh the rewards of getting older…

I remember when I graduated from High School, (don’t judge) but I was six months pregnant with Khrystyne, and I was so excited to be done with school. My mother brought gifts to me from both of my grandmothers, my dad’s mother sent me a maternity dress, shorts, and shirts, and my mom’s mother sent me a set of medical books for quick reference (that I still use) for my graduation gifts. To say the least I was very disappointed, I even mentioned it to my grandmother on my mom’s side to which I was informed, “You are going to be a mother, it’s not about you anymore, it’s all about that baby so deal with it.” Thanks for the advice grandma, you were very right, but dinner would that have been too much to ask for? I was eating for two you know.

No, I’m just kidding my grandmother passed away two years after Khrystyne was born, and just one month before Courtney was born, her death has been the hardest for me to deal with to date, she wasn’t even sick, she went to the hospital with a stomach ache, and she had multiple heart failures on her way down for a routine test. She never came out of that hospital alive. I even found myself at her door more than a year later, wanting to share some exciting news, and on my way up to her door I was wondering, “When did grandma change her curtains?” and then it hit me all over again that she was gone. I found myself in a similar place a couple of weeks back, the phone started ringing and I almost yelled out to my husband, “It’s your mother.” Because she’d call us all of the time, it was something we’d always say when the phone rang. Thankfully I caught myself.

I got a phone call from Granny last Friday; she wanted to know if we were coming to her house for Thanksgiving. I told her that I wasn’t sure what we were doing yet, because I didn’t want to hurt her feelings. But she kept going on and on, so finally I was up front with her and told her that we probably would not be there because of Barb; that Rick would not be able to be in the same room with that woman. To which Granny replied, “Oh, no Barb is not going to be here she is having dinner for her own family at her house.” So I told her that I would talk to Rick and get back with her. I called Rick, and he was hesitant to say the least (Granny hurt him too) but he said we could go, and hopefully they will be able to put some of this behind them. I called her back and she sounded very excited she went on and on about who was coming in. I hope he finds it in his heart to forgive her, I know that he would never forgive himself if something was to happen to her before they could make peace over what happened after his mother passed away.

Anyways I kind of got off track, when I got back from CVS I made breakfast, did 8 loads of laundry, took the Halloween decorations back over to my bosses house came home made dinner, was informed by Khrystyne that they were out of toothpaste (UGGHH, I went to the store twice people), then we watched Desperate Housewives, and Brothers and Sisters. So I guess I made up for some of my laziness on Saturday, but it was nice to finally allow myself a break.

1 comment:

chichimama said...

Lazy days are great. Good for you for taking time for yourself.