Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend Update






















Picture #1 My husband Rick, Ricky, Breanna, and Shelby

Picture #2 Me & Shelby (notice my black curly chemo hair, normally it is bone straight and light brown with red highlights)

Well I guess I’d better get into dishing out the dirt on this past weekend. I guess the cancer camp is just not my thing. For one, I’m not the most sociable person out there, it takes me awhile to get comfortable enough with other people to really open up to them, and then watch out because you’ll never shut me up. Two, I was still very sick this weekend (I’ve had the worst cold/bronchitis for the past three weeks now), and three, I missed my family terribly, I know it’s weird but I just can’t stand to be away from them. So on Saturday after two naps, my family came out for dinner, and when the entertainment started we just left. I was going to go back on Sunday morning, to go to the special service that they have for all the campers that had passed away since the last cancer retreat and since Judy was going to be one of those I really wanted to be there in a way, in another way I don’t think that I could have handled it, so I probably won't be going back to camp after this. I woke up yesterday morning and was sick as a dog; I went downstairs (because my son’s feet were in my back) and fell asleep on the couch. I woke up with my son giving me a huge kiss, and hug. So after being scared half to death, I ended going back upstairs and falling back to sleep until 10:30, after I got up we took the younger two kids with us and got our shop on, and then we went to visit some friends. Of course I had to go see the new baby again she is so beautiful.

There’s not a lot going on today, we are just doing month end close out at work, same ole, same ole.

No comments: