Friday, October 13, 2006

Excuses, Excuses

Have you ever caught yourself reading every one else’s blog and then running out of time to post your own. Well I do that all of the time. There are just so many interesting people out there.

I am a true crime junkie, I don’t know why but I am. I love to read murder mysteries to see if I can figure out who done it before the last chapter (I’m not always successful in that, by the way) but still I try. There for a while I read true life crime novels, until I read the one about the man and his pregnant wife who were found shot in a bad neighbor hood, the wife and baby died, but he lived. Then much later it came to light that he had set the whole thing up instead of just filing for divorce and paying child support, that story really freaked me out, plus I was having a hard time with depression at the time (anything can push you over the edge when you are battling depression), so I just stopped reading them all together.

Well I’ve found some really interesting crime blogs that I have recently starting reading, for the most part you just feel outrage for the victims (most of which are children, and women), and you just wonder how on earth can we still be here in 2006??? With all of the physiatrists out there, and services that you can get for rage, drugs and alcohol etc…, what are stopping these people from getting help? Most people that stand accused of violence, rape, murder whatever, always say, “I was a victim when I was younger, that’s why I did it, because I had no control over it.” I’m here to tell you that is a bullshit excuse if there ever was one. I was abused as a child by my father, and the only thing that I can remember wanting to take away from that was to NEVER BE LIKE HIM… I have worked really hard at making sure that I control my temper and never wanting to hurt my children or to let someone else hurt them. Up to this point I have succeeded in this, but it did take a conscious decision to NOT CONTINUE THE CYCLE OF ABUSE!!! It has to be your choice not to pass that kind of trait down to your children, and the people out there who have a choice to stop, but chose to continue the cycle of violence or abuse makes me want to puke. Anyway check out this link Lost in Lima Ohio she also has links on her blog to other crime blogs that are pretty good as well.

I’m looking forward to a weekend of house cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, and Halloween decorating… Yeah for me. I can’t believe that I volunteered to have a Halloween party this year. My daughter turned 16 this month and wanted a costume party for her birthday, so I talked her into waiting for her party until the 28th so it could be a little closer to Halloween, and now friends, family, and co-workers are all coming to this thing. I'm tired just thinking about it. I’ll post some pictures of the festivities after the party. Remind me to never do this again.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: