Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Welcome baby Shelby


The day has finally came, my best friend ever Ange has given birth to a beautiful baby girl, her name is Shelby April (after yours truly), she was born September 26, 2006 at 8:51 p.m. and weighed in at 8 lbs 3 oz, and she is 21 inches long.

Ange called me last night around 6pm and stated that her water had broke that morning and that she was already dilated to nine, so the baby was coming soon. I picked up the kids from my mothers and on the way home I called Rick to see if he was on his way home, which he was. I dropped off the kids, and ran to Target (to buy a digital camera), hurried to the hospital where Ange said that she would have Joe to come to the waiting room to get me when it was over, and then I waited from about 7:30 until 9:15 (in the waiting room, with a crazy ass family for another patient, the nurses came by several times to tell them to shut up) Back to the story, Joe finally came down to get me, and I got to go in to see them. The baby is so beautiful I actually teared up (I tried not to cry, because they would have made fun of me). I held her for a few minutes, and stayed for about an hour, and then I left to give them some time with the baby alone before the nurses came back in to take the baby away again.

I was thinking this morning that one year ago I was almost dead, and now I’m still here celebrating a new life, what a difference a day makes. That reminds me of a song that we used to sing in childrens church; it is actually a Bible verse made into a song.

This is the day
That the Lord hath made
Let us rejoice
And be glad in it.

Welcome to the world beautiful Shelby; you are already so very loved.

No comments: