Friday, May 05, 2006

Stupid Car

Well on my way to work this morning my car died in the turning lane how embarrassing. I had to call my husband to come pick me up, and before he got there a police car pulled up behind my car with his lights on. I was standing over by a hotel waiting on my husband and walked over to tell the policeman that he was on the way, but he called in for assistance anyways, and by the time another policeman got there my husband had showed up, so they pushed it over to a business and we had to call the shop to come out and tow it. He just called me the fuel pump went out on it (I just filled my tank all the way to the hilt last night) the part is $350.00 plus this friend of my husbands is only going to charge us $150.00 for the towing, and to fix it for us. If it's not one thing it is definitely another.

I just talked to my best friend she is expecting her first child in September (although she has been a step-mother for six children for the past 14 years, and she had adopted her niece about five or six years ago) Her husband had his vasectomy reversed last year, and then in February she took a pregnancy test one year to the day of his surgery and it was positive. Anyway she goes to the doctor's on Tuesday to find out if she's having a boy or a girl. She is keeping a journal as to what everyone tells her that they think she is having. For the record it's going to be a girl, just my opinion. We have been friends since we were sixteen years old (so we've pretty much grown up together; for the past 18 years anyway), and I think that I'm more excited for her than I ever was for myself. Well here's to a healthy baby.

No comments: