Thursday, May 04, 2006

Rip Off

Well let me get started. My husband just called me after dropping his mother off from the airport. (She went on a cruise with half of her family, her mother, daughter,(daughters friend), two sisters, one brother, a brother-in-law, and a sister-in-law) The first thing he told me was that before she could get off of the ship she had to pay a $1200.00 bill, initially I thought it was for her daughter, and her daughters friend (from a bar tab) but no it was a phone bill, what a rip off. They had all taken phone cards with them to call home, but did not realize that when they were out to sea that a phone connection would cost a minimum of $6.99 a minute, so I guess my sister-in-law and her friend were burning up those phone lines. My sister-in-law is such a Bi**h, she takes her mother and grandmother for granted, and soon they will both be gone, and she has burned way too many bridges to get any good help financially from family, because we all know that she will never pay you back. His mother told him oh they're going to pay me back,(yeah right) we all know it will never happen. His sister works at Don Pablo's (part time mind you), and she gets child support from her ex for their two kids. His mom ends up having to pay over half her rent every month, and buying those babies groceries, and clothes. But my sister-in-law manages to go out several times a week esp... on the weekends, and never worries about money then.

Also when my husband went to pick up most of his family, his mother and grandmother were both in wheelchair's. His grandmother will be 90 in August, and she is really frail. And his mother is in stage 4 cancer. Her 2 sisters and her brother-in-law decided to stay in Florida for a few extra days, so they sent almost all of their luggage back with the four girls (one being almost 90 mind you). He said they had 10 bags, that they had to lug from one terminal to another when they changed flights. He was pissed.

Families are the greatest aren't they? You just want to grab ahold of them sometimes and say What the hell were you thinking?????

No comments: