Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

This past weekend was Easter, I was finally able to get my whole family to church on Sunday, (I would not accept no for an answer) I saw one of my aunts at church, she was very happy to see me I haven't talked to her since before I came back to work. My hair is coming back in pretty good she was so excited to see that I am doing so well. I guess because I'm in my early 30's that it had upset a lot of people in my family to have to see me go through something like that. I had not seen or spoken to this aunt since my father passed away 16 years ago (except at funerals), until I came down sick this past year. Actually I have seen or spoken to several relatives this past year that I had not been in contact with for several years, but I'll take what I can get at this point. I wonder why families drift apart esp... After say the grandparents pass away?

My sister-in-law of course did not have either one of her children all weekend long, the youngest still being in Tennessee, and the oldest being at his dad's until he went to school today. She also managed to blow off dinner at her mother's house yesterday, you know because she has to sleep all day long. I really cannot stand her. If I knew that her mother and grandmother would not get so upset, or from fear that the kids would get placed in foster care I would call childrens services on her, she just does not take care of those kids the way that they deserve to be taken care of. A few weeks ago we were going down to my mother-in-laws for a cookout, and we tried and tried and tried to get ahold of her, but could not get an answer on the phone. So we went over to wake her up (1pm) my husband knocked on the door and her six year old son asked, "Who is it?" my husband yelled don't worry about it open up this door boy. (just to see what he would do) and he opened the door right up. My husband told him where we were going and helped him get changed, and right when they were about to leave his sister yelled from her bedroom, "Where are you taking my son, and weren't you going to tell me that you were taking him?" My husband answered, "hell no, if you can't get your lazy ass out of bed to take care of your children why should I tell you anything." Of course I had to tell him that you just can't take someone's child without telling them, his response was (of course) that she just makes him so angry.

We spoke to my husband's aunt in MI this past weekend, I'm sooooo looking forward to the fourth of July weekend when we go up to visit. I'm really in need of a good albeit short vacation. Even if it is visiting family. Last year we had about 14-16 adults, and about 10-12 children up at his aunts. They live right across the river from Canada, and a short walk from the docks. It is so nice. Peaceful and cool. They always have parades, a carnival, and fireworks off of a barge in the middle of the river. Like I said I can't wait.

No comments: